The WRC offers online tutoring through our scheduling software, WCOnline (wrc.case.edu). Appointments are scheduled on the hour for a minimum of 60 minutes. Please note that although online tutoring takes place virtually, the sessions are designed to be as interactive as possible. Your online will work collaboratively with you on your writing.
Instructions for Scheduling an Online Appointment:
1. Go to wrc.case.edu and log-in using your CWRU network ID and password. If you are a first-time user, the system will prompt you to create an account.
2. Select “Online Tutoring” from the drop down menu at the top of the main schedule page in order to access the online schedule.
3. Click on a white square to select an appointment with your consultant.
4. Both you and your consultant will receive an automated confirmation e-mail.
Beginning Your Session:
1. Log-on to WC Online at least five (5) minutes before the scheduled time of your appointment.
2. Go to the Online Tutoring Schedule and locate your appointment, which will appear in red.
3. Click on your appointment square so that a new pop-up box appears.
4. In the pop-up box, click on the text that reads: “Start or Join Online Consultation”
4. A larger whiteboard screen will appear. Follow the instructions on this screen.
5. The chat function on the right side of the screen indicates when your consultant is online. You will use this feature to communicate with him or her throughout the session.
Additional Tips for Online Consultations:
1. Make sure you have saved your paper on your computer in an easy-to-find location and in Microsoft Word format.
2. As with face-to-face appointments, we recommend that you come prepared with a list of concerns that you would like to discuss with your consultant during your session.
3. If you are new to online tutoring, we recommend that you schedule your first appointment well in advance of your paper’s due date. If your paper is longer than 6-8 pages, then we recommend that you plan for more than one conference.
4. Be open to working collaboratively with your consultant and to answering questions about your writing as you would in a face-to-face session.
Do you have additional questions about online tutoring? E-mail us at email@example.com